Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pardon My Absence

I write here now to offer my sincerest apologies to the 2 or 3 of you that read this blog for my month and a half absence. July and August whipped past like a tornado that'd make Dorothy Gale urinate all over those ruby red slippers. Here's what the time period consisted of...

July 4th - 6th:

Spontaneous road trip to visit the Riley family in Orem, UT. Tim was my boss/mentor during my year with SENTREX Exterminator my senior year at APU. He ended up inviting me to be an unofficial member of the family. I cordially accepted. Tim, his wife Glenda, his daughter Catherine, and son Chris all became vital members of my world. They moved to Orem over a year and a half ago. All the while I'd been promising to visit, but never did. Finally, the week before the 4th, I decided that I'd jump in my car that Friday morning. I had the day off from work and wanted to get the hell out of town. It was an outstanding but short trip.

July 10th:

My hard drive goes belly up. It doesn't get fixed until the first of August...no blog entries.

July 11th - 21st:

In Portland for David's wedding. It was a blasty blast. I'll go into detail in a later blog.

July 20th:

Our landlord drops the "you have 30 days to get your asses the hell out of the place you're renting or your souls are mine" email. Ok, I guess it wasn't that dramatic. It came out of the blue and we were in no way prepared to search for a place at that current time. Apparently he had family that had fallen on hard times and wanted to move them into the place for a reduced rate. What a douchebag.

August 1st - 4th.

In Chicago for Lollapalooza! I'll not go into detail for this will be the subject of my next blog.

August 5th - 19th:

Frantically searching for a place to live. We ended up finding one about a block from where we lived the day before our lease was up. We moved in a day and a half. It was unbelievable.


So my focus has been elsewhere these last two months. Hopefully the 2 or 3 readers of this blog found other useless ways to occupy their internet time.

No comments: