Wednesday, July 8, 2009

1st halfsies - film

Haven't seen too many movies yet this year. Here are my top 5 so far...


1. Up
2. Public Enemies
3. Two Lovers
4. Away We Go
5. (tie)/ I Love You Man / The Hangover



Movies I haven't seen yet that could have affected the list

Adventureland (Greg Mottola)
State of Play (Kevin MacDonald)
Sugar (Anna Bolden, Ryan Fleck)
Moon (Duncan Jones)
The Hurt Locker (Kathryn Bigelow)
Whatever Works (Woody Allen)

Film I'm looking forward to...

The Road (John Hillcoat)
Shutter Island (Martin Scorsese)
Funny People (Judd Apatow)
The Informant (Steven Soderbergh)
Inglorious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino)
Me and Orson Welles (Richard Linklater)
Avatar (James Cameron)
500 Days of Summer (Marc Webb)
The Lovely Bones (Peter Jackson)
Invictus (Clint Eastwood)
Nine (Rob Marshall)
Precious (Lee Daniels)
Green Zone (Paul Greengrass)
Where the Wild Things Are (Spike Jonze)
The Last Station (Michael Hoffman)
A Serious Man (Coen Brothers)
Brothers (Jim Sheridan)
Taking Woodstock (Ang Lee)
Up in the Air (Jason Reitman)
The Boat That Rocked (Richard Curtis)
Sherlock Holmes (Guy Ritchie)



Thats all for now. Let me know if I missed any

3 comments:

Lewis Cash said...

The Road (John Hillcoat)
Shutter Island (Martin Scorsese)

I'm really looking forward to these two as well. Both are based on books that are well worth your time if you haven't read them yet. And I'm happy to see that they kept the name Shutter Island; I had heard previously that they were renaming it Acherlife or something like that.

BJ said...

The road is one of the best books I've ever read. Haven't read any Lehane. He must be good if they keep adapting his literature into good film.

catherinecarmen said...

Sunshine Cleaning.

check it.