Sunday, January 25, 2009

Excitement of a child

Yesterday morning was full of hidden giddiness. My brother and I attended Rockies Fest at Coors Field for a few ours. I had the privilege of touring the clubhouse and dugout. I couldn't believe it. There I stood, in a major league dugout. The same dugout which has housed the likes of Todd Helton, Larry Walker, Jim Leyland, Don Baylor, and because of the all star game in '98...Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Greg Maddux, and many others. I got the autograph of Rockie fan favorite Ryan Spillborghs as well as a host of minor league players, all of whom I am older than. I sat in on a panel discussion with all of the coaches, Clint Hurdle, Jim Tracy, Don Baylor, and Glenallen Hill, just to name a few. Needless to say, it was exciting. I don't know why grown men get excited about such things, but I'm content to be carried away by it.


In other news, I decided that I am running a marathon this spring. My goal is to qualify for Boston and run it in 2010. I realize that that is a lofty goal, but the great ones all had lofty goals. Hopefully I will join the ranks of greatness in some area of my life. That may be a lofty goal itself. The qualifying time for the Boston marathon in my age group is 3:10. I cannot foresee myself actually running that time, but stranger things have happened. The training regiment begins tomorrow. Anyone interested in training with Me?

1 comment:

Ron Werner Jr said...

Hola Comrades!

It has been great to be a part of the blogosphere with you all over the years. I just launched a new blog at ronwernerjr.blogspot.com- I am only a few posts deep, but hope you link up and follow me on this new endeavor.

I look forward to future collaboration with you!

Ron (nie)(Werner Jr)(GP)