Saturday, February 6, 2010

Overlooked Albums

These are two albums that would have made my top 20 list had I listened to them in time.



Sufjan Stevens - The BQE




I'm astounded at his talent. Excels at creating soft folk, writing nuanced lyrics, recording ornate pop, and having fun. Now, he's topped himself. This is a brilliantly composed symphony. Can't wait to see what is in store next.


The Antlers - Hospice




This one took me a few listens, but I am really enjoying it. For some reason they reminded me of Bon Iver, but very different at the same time. Not sure if that makes any sense.


I'll have my movie list soon. Just have two or three more titles to watch.

1 comment:

Lewis Cash said...

The Antlers is a great, great record. It placed in the twenties for me for last year.

I have the Sufjan record, but only listened to it once and I'm not sure I was in the mood. And I haven't revisited it since. I will do so today.